Monday, December 11

Lexie’s First Haircut – An Unforgettable Experience

Lexie was in one of her great moods today. She is feeling a little under the weather so it makes everything 10 times worse than it already is. As many people know, Lexies hair is always doing its own thing usually making a rats nest in the back of her head. Its been this way for about a year and every morning its a major chore trying to comb through her tangled mess.

While Lexie was in the bathroom, she didnt quite make it to the toilet and peed herself. After I cleaned up the floor with bleach and put her clothes in the wash, I put Lexie in the kitchen sink. Why? Because Lauren was upstairs sleeping and if I dared to put Lexie in the bath tub, that would be the end to Laurens peaceful nap. I soaped up Lexie and put a ton of conditioner in her hair and let it sit for about 10 minutes. I was running around with Bella at the same time so the extra time that the conditioner sat in her hair was just perfect for me. After 30 minutes of de-tangling Lexies hair, she had nice smooth, long hair again. It was so pretty for the one moment I was going to admire it! I went upstairs, grabbed the scissors and came down and cut Lexies hair. I didnt cut it with the clippers like I would have liked to but I did cut about 2-3 inches off in length. I cut just enough to make the tangled mess a little easier to tame.
Lexie didnt have a problem with me cutting her hair. It was Bella that had the problem. She saw that I was cutting Lexies hair and yelled at me to stop. She then ran out of the room and hid in my computer chair sobbing.I dont love you anymore, Mommy! When I came in and tried to explain what I was doing to Lexies hair she told me that I cut off all of Lexies hair and now I dont love you any more. Now how do those crushing words sound so hilarious? I guess it was just because I couldnt keep a straight face while she was so upset with me. I let her call Daddy and tell him what I did. Boy, those tear drops were HUGE! She told Daddy Mommy doesnt love Lexie anymore and shes cutting her hair off. On top of that, she told him Lexies hair isnt pretty. Its not long like mine.
Now that Bella has had a chance to go upstairs and rest, I can see that Lexies hair is super cute (and manageable) and Bella has forgotten all about the bad hair-do.

Milenko also reminded me that Bellas sweet disposition also came through when she saw Lauren cry for the first time. When she saw that, Bella started crying too because the baby was upset. I sure hope this caring disposition of hers never changes

What a fun day we had!

No comments: