Tuesday, January 3

Baby News!


OUR SCARY STORY FROM LAST NIGHT:
Well it's getting down to the last part of the pregnancy. We only have about 6 weeks to go but that could change at any time. Last night we had a pretty intense scare. Around 6:45p the contractions started coming pretty strong. By 8pm the contractions were constant and every 6-9 mintues so we called the on-call doctor to ask what we should do. The doctor wasn't available so we had to wait for the return call. At 9pm we called a second time and we did talk with a doctor. The contractions eased up a little and were happening sporadically every 8-14 mintues. The doctor told us that if we didn't have 6-8 contractions an hour that we were fine to stay at home and wait them out. We did and a little after 2am the contractions stopped.
Today I went into the doctor's office and had a check up. I haven't dilated (which is a very good thing) but the contractions still concerned the doctor. He did a Fetal Fibronectin Test (to help predict preterm delivery within the next 2 weeks) and a urine test to see if I had a bladder infection. I should find out the results tomorrow. Good news is that I've had less than a dozen contractions today and they haven't been as horrible as yesterdays. If I get another bout of contractions like last night the doctor will put me on Terbutilene (a drug that helps stop contractions so you don't go into labor). I need to keep this baby inside for at least another 10 days. After that, if I go into labor or have heavy contractions, the doctors will do nothing to stop labor - it's safe.
Good news is that I have low blood pressure (hard to have with a 3 and 2 year old). Today I was 130/50. I'm also not gaining weight by the loads. So far I've gained 16 pounds during this pregnancy. (I had already gained 35 pounds with Bella by this time when I was pregnant with her.)

No comments: