Monday, January 30

False Labor - Boy is this getting tiresome!

Another day and still no baby. Although s/he is not due until the 20th (or the 12th as the doctor thinks), it's getting frustrating going through the labor aches and pains only to have this little one inside of me stick out it's tongue and say "Ha ha! Fooled you again!"

After the version on Wednesday it seemed as if the contractions were just getting stronger the next day. We knew this was going to happen so we just monitored them and didn't do anything about it. On Saturday afternoon the contractions came back - this time a little stronger and it had both Milenko and I monitoring the clock just in case it was the real thing. However, today was the worst of what I thought were contractions.

At about 3pm I called Milenko home from work, called in the calvalry to watch the kids and cried a whole lot due to the pain I was going through.
Milenko and I got to the doctor's office around 4:45p and got hooked up to the monitors for watching the baby's heartbeat and contractions. After about 10 minutes of monitoring, all the little blips on the paper printout were nothing but the baby's heartrate raising from 140 range into the high 180 range. Dr. Klien (Lou) said those were just heart rate increases, not contractions. To our complete surprise, we haven't a clue what's so painful then.

The contraction-like pain is still happening but without the intense pain like this afternoon. Lou checked my cervix and I'm completely closed. The baby's position is still perfect (head down) and everything looks good for a normal delivery. Still, don't ask me what this pain is other than false labor (also known as Braxton-Hicks).


We're back at home with a bottle of Ambien (sleep medicine) so I can ignore these pains tonight and actually get a little sleep. Other than that, we're still in wait and see mode. SIGH!!

No comments: